Sunday, December 28, 2014
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Monday, December 22, 2014
Friday, December 19, 2014
Monday, December 15, 2014
|Part 2 of Resonance|
- Characterization -- I need to solidify the main group of characters. Arman, Glacia, Officer Remmit and some others are pretty good....but there are characters I definitely need to tighten up and at least give a little identifiable personalities to.
- Additional Scenes -- going through this, I found many parts where I thought, "Hey, I could totally stretch this and make it work into characterizing somebody!" or "This would be cool. Let's do it." There are also some parts that I just need to put in to keep the consistency of the story smooth.
- Physics/Astronomy Concepts -- I threw down my pen at one part. Literally threw it down. Why? Because I blew my mind with how focused some of the details were during some scenes with real-life physics. I need to tweak some things here and there, but for the most part, I amazed myself.
Friday, December 12, 2014
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
|Part 1 of Resonance|
- Chapters 1-6 and Chapters 16-18, I need to slow the pace down. Things fly by (or maybe I'm just reading really fast). No, I think the story is just hopping and skipping during these parts and not taking the time to develop. So I need to fix those up.
- The Archives Program is a bit shaky in terms of what the new program ACTUALLY does. I toss in all this jargon, but I feel like there still isn't a clear sense of why they need to revamp the program.
- Conferences and interviews for the archives program. Stuff happens -- important stuff -- but again, it flies by and isn't totally clear. I need to slow some of that down and let the program develop.
- Characters. Some new characters are introduced!....but I think the pacing forces them to run across the stage and say goodbye in the blink of an eye, particularly in Chapter 3. I'll be working on that.
- Personalities. Lon, Lon, Lon. He switched personalities halfway through the story, so I need to get him back on the original track. Gah. I hate when I mix characters' personalities up.
Friday, November 21, 2014
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Friday, October 24, 2014
Remember to purchase a copy of EMBASSY
Monday, October 13, 2014
Friday, October 10, 2014
|Taken at 1:30 a.m. on a Thursday because that's what cat people do|
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Sunday, September 7, 2014
|These awful books...gotta start somewhere, though.|
|The book in question.|
|Real reviews on Amazon|
|This is a real picture of Saturn. The dot is Earth from almost 1 billion miles away.|
We are small. Very, very small.
|My vision of Undil (in the central eastern hemisphere)|
|My vision of Belvun.|
|My vision of Narviid|
|My vision of Daliona|
|A Falcon 9 launch from SpaceX|
Monday, September 1, 2014
Live near Pittsburgh? Join the Facebook event page!
Click this: EMBASSY Book Signing
To learn more about Embassy, Click Here.
To read the latest book review about Embassy, Click Here.
To view the Kindle version of Embassy, Click Here.
Monday, August 18, 2014
- What does he want?
- Why does he want it?
- Who or what stands in his way?
- How will he reach his goal?
- What will happen if he reaches his goal?
- What will happen if he doesn't?
|If you keep saying that word|
It stops sounding like a real word.
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Also, for every view this video gets on this blog over the next week, ending August 24, 2014 at 11:59 EST, I will donate $0.10 to the ALS Fund. So share this video. The more views, the more money I donate! So go on and hit SHARE! Or post a link to Facebook or wherever else you can think of.
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
I wrote this story back in June but only shared it with a couple people. However, in light of Robin Williams' death, I thought it would be something good to share with everyone just to pass on a positive, hopeful message for anyone dealing with depression or bipolar disorders. While this isn't a true story, it's based on my own battle with depression, which is approaching two years. Please pass this message on, and if you know anyone struggling with depression, please, please let them know you're there for them.