Monday, December 15, 2014

Part 2 First Draft Revisions in RESONANCE

Well, today I completed the first draft revisions for "Part 2: The Island World" in Resonance. Toiled over these bad boys for a solid week. I can say that I am extremely pleased with Part 2. It's so different from Part 1. The pacing levels out and the world-building just explodes into a whole new level.

So I'm 183 pages through Resonance revisions. Only 67 more to go! I expect to add lots of scenes to the end, though, because while I was writing, I kind of summarized the ending rather than writing it all out (similar to how I wrote the first draft of Embassy).

Part 2 of Resonance
That doesn't go without saying that there are definitely plenty of things I need to concentrate on when I get to typing these revisions and working on future revisions. So what do I need to work on when I get to that?

Here's a list:


  • Characterization -- I need to solidify the main group of characters. Arman, Glacia, Officer Remmit and some others are pretty good....but there are characters I definitely need to tighten up and at least give a little identifiable personalities to.
  • Additional Scenes -- going through this, I found many parts where I thought, "Hey, I could totally stretch this and make it work into characterizing somebody!" or "This would be cool. Let's do it." There are also some parts that I just need to put in to keep the consistency of the story smooth.
  • Physics/Astronomy Concepts -- I threw down my pen at one part. Literally threw it down. Why? Because I blew my mind with how focused some of the details were during some scenes with real-life physics. I need to tweak some things here and there, but for the most part, I amazed myself.
Those are the big things. A ton fewer things to focus on than in Part 1, right? Geez. *happy sigh* I should finish Part 3 by the end of the week.

Make sure you get your friends and family a copy of Embassy for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment